Hornady TAP® Barrier™ Law Enforcement ammo turns cover into concealment. With a streamlined design for ultra flat trajectories, the 55 gr. GMX® TAP® offers an ideal solution for departments looking for a precision lead-free design. Hornady’s Gilding Metal eXpanding (GMX®) bullet is constructed entirely of gilding metal, the same alloy they’ve used to make Hornady bullet jackets for decades. It shoots cleaner than pure copper, fouls less and delivers devastating terminal performance.
NOTE: NOT for use in 223 REM chambered guns.
- Ballistic Coefficient: .245
- Sectional Density: .157
- Bullet Length: .832”
- Recommended Rifling Twist Rate: 1:7” to 1:9”
- Characteristics: Hollow point, Monolithic gilding metal with cannelure
- Powder: Temperature stable with flash retardant, Increased powder charge to NATO specifications and pressure peak
- Primer: Staked primer pocket, Sealed primer, Small rifle milspec primer
- Case: Match Grade Brass Composite; Manufacturer’s Name (Hornady) and Caliber Designation (5.56 NATO) imprinted on case head
Packaging and Lot Numbers
- 20 rounds per box
- 10 boxes per case (200 rounds per case)
- Lot numbers on each box and case